Established in 1984 (by whom?), Mistral is proud to be widely considered the 'generic' software system provider for the refrigeration & air conditioning industry. In its domestic market, Mistral software is used by more than 85% of refrigeration & air conditioning contracting firms and programs have been distributed to over 17,000 users in over 100 countries around the world.
Installation of Mistral Associates software to Local Area Network servers.
1) Install Mistral 'Corporate' suite once to a shared network folder. Installation is via a single self extracting #_setup.exe file.
2) Installation completes with a dialog box requiring input of a unique Mistral Access Registration Code. The code comprises a string of 24 alpha-numeric characters. Code strings are not case sensitive and strings may be copied & pasted into the form - including the hyphens. Currently the Mistral 'Corporate' suite requires approximately 560 megabytes of disc space.
3) Copy or recreate the 'Mistral' desktop shortcut on each user's desktop.
4) Each user will need individual and unique Mistral Access Registration Codes. The entry of which is activated the first time a user 'launches' the suite from their desktop.
5) Mistral Associates periodically issues both program upgrades and also interactive database updates. Such post installation releases do not generally require repeat input of Access Registration Codes. Program upgrades and database updates are made available solely by Internet download of self extracting program exe files. Installation of these files is generally optional only but may be advisory, in the event for example of a radical computer Operating System change that demands upgrade or where a manufacturer of proprietary RAC equipment data wishes their interactive database(s) to be either updated or even removed completely (rare!).
6) Mistral's Corporate Licence provides for unlimited users within the licensee's organisation. Additional 'stand alone' installations are also permitted on individual staff portable devices (Notebooks etc.,) providing these machines are operated under the authority of the Licensee. Whether or not the Licensee actually owns the device. Staff are however obliged to delete such installations upon cessation of employment by the Licensee. All 'stand alone' installations also require input of individual and unique Mistral Access Registration Codes and which will be provided at any time during the period of an active Corporate Licence. No additional charge will be made by Mistral Associates.
7) 'Silent' installation (Advanced - Network System Administrators Only)
The setup installer can be included in automated deployments across multiple computers on a corporate network.
The *_setup.exe can take the following optional command line parameters:-
/SILENT Runs the installer in silent mode (The progress window is displayed).
/VERYSILENT Very silent mode. No windows are displayed.
/SUPPRESSMSGBOXES Suppress message boxes. Only has an effect when combined with '/SILENT' and '/VERYSILENT'.
/NOCANCEL Disables cancelling the installation process.
/DIR="x:\dirname" Overrides the default install directory.
mistral_corporate_setup.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES
"Bringing the benefits of computerisation to our industry - without the historically associated problems."