PROGRAMS for REFRIGERATION & AIR CONDITIONING PROFESSIONALS by MISTRAL
Just 5 minutes spent reading this could save you hours!
Mistral Programs, 7 Tips to Success
1) Read the manual. It’s worth taking the time, particularly until you are familiar with a new program. Mistral strives to produce software that is both logical and intuitive to use. However, Mistral’s programs go so much further than anyone else’s. They do so much more that inevitably there has to be more ‘buttons’ on the screen so they might initially give you the impression that they are more complicated than they really are. Reading the manual will teach you short cuts and ‘fast track’ routes through programs that you would be unlikely to find by accident (like ‘right clicking’ on a wall node to open an additional powerful menu for example). The colour illustrated program manuals can be found under the 'Help' tag both on-line and also supplied with every issue of Mistral programs.
2) Got stuck!? Then simply hit your ‘Return’ (Enter) key. Mistral’s programs are unique in being carefully written (very carefully written indeed!) to ‘self navigate’. In other words, if you get lost let the program work out for you what you should do next. If you’ve made a mistake it’ll tell you in plain English and it’ll even advise you what to do next.
3) Look at the ‘cue card’ at the bottom right hand corner of the page. Advice about what is
going on can be seen there (it’s
often always right!).
4) Help is available of course by *Emailing Mistral (firstname.lastname@example.org) but before you do, think about saving your time and money and hit F1 (key at top left). Mistral’s Help pages are dynamically focused. This means the right Help page will generally be found relating to the form you are currently working in. If it doesn’t help you as much as you’d hoped then click on ‘Help’ on the top menu bar and look through the index of Help topics.
5) Don’t forget. Mistral’s programs always revolve around a single main form (or page). It will soon be obvious which is the main form because it is the one with the most buttons on it and it usually appears very early on. It’s also the one which has the program name as its title in the top left hand corner (E.g. ‘Airwind Pro’). When you are on the main form you can see both a ‘running total’ result and what to do next (look for items with ? marks against them for example. These simply identify yet to be answered questions. Clicking on the question icon will usually open a smaller form with either more questions, or multiple choice menus or sometimes mutually exclusive ‘Radio Buttons’. Satisfy the question(s) on the small form, close it and you are always taken back to the familiar main form. Very comforting and there is no simpler way of dealing with often complicated subject matter.
6) Take advantage of the ‘Quick Selection’ routes that you see when ‘Airwind’ and ‘Coldwind’ first start up. For smaller rooms they are surprisingly accurate, certainly accurate enough for all practical commercial purposes, and they are extremely fast. About 7 key presses and five seconds to a result is the average user’s time. If you know of anyone producing a result as accurate as Mistral’s in less time we’d like to know about it! These ‘Quick Selections’ also produce very impressive customer presentation print-outs and the calculations are also totally inter-active. So you can edit them further if you wish.
7) Setup your own program defaults so as to save time. Open ‘Options’ on the top menu bar. You’ll be surprised at things you can simply do there to both customise and speed up the program to meet your own unique needs. Like setting the program’s geography to match your location for example, or setting your preferred room design temperatures.
* Mistral Associates regrets that its staff are not authorised to discuss and therefore will not discuss actual refrigeration or air conditioning case studies, only matters relating to program purchasing, program licencing, setting up or networking and operation.