Established in 1984, Mistral is proud to be widely considered the 'generic' software system provider for the refrigeration & air conditioning industry. In its domestic market, Mistral software is used by more than 85% of UK refrigeration & air conditioning contracting firms and programs have been distributed to over 17,000 users in more than 100 countries around the world.
To help you make up your mind about which refrigeration load calculation software is the world's best (though not necessary the least expensive) we have prepared a short check list for you. You may wish to present it to Mistral's competition.
Just a few of Mistral’s Airwind Pro and Coldwind Pro program features that set them apart from the rest.
Ask these questions of Mistral's competitors and imitators.
Does their program? -
1) Allow reloading of previously filed calculations in such a way that they are guaranteed to be still totally dynamically interactive? Even quarter of a century later! As opposed to only saving the calculation results; instead of every input and key press that went into creating it. Allowing you to send your calculation to colleagues in the next office, city or even country, for them to discuss with you and contribute input then return. Frankly, programs without this facility and which therefore force you to prepare and worse, remember where you kept, a separate record of all your inputs for re-entry are a complete waste of your time!
It might not sound like much but in programming terms it more than doubles the cost of software development. If the program you are being shown does not have it then walk away!
2) Allow switching between operation in either SI and Imperial units at any time, automatically changing every unit, every description, database selection, algorithm, equation, factor and calculation, without incurring cumulative rounding errors?
3) Impose any limits upon the number and relative angles to one another of wall surfaces?
4) Provide for inclusion of varying wall building and insulation materials even within length of each wall?
5) Provide for entry of multiple food and other perishable products, along with various storage materials, items and stillages etc, all selectable from comprehensive, illustrated, tiered databases? Databases which are also user editable even while programs are running.
6) Provide for multiple suites of coldrooms and/or freezers and which can be segregated and ‘zoned’ to different refrigerant circuits?
7) Come complete with world meteorological databases arranged by country, geographic co-ordinates/city name; allowing instant recomputation of design load at 15 minute intervals across entire 24 hour day for every day of the year. To an accuracy of plus or minus 250 metres across planet Earth’s surface. Using a single mouse click upon any one of 66,000 zoomable world maps?
8) Provide facility for selection and balancing then placing scalable, rotateable images on room plan design form of complete refrigeration systems from thousands of daily maintained and updated databases that are checked and approved by the equipment manufacturers themselves?
9) Come with comprehensive, dynamically linked and FOCUSED, colour illustrated Help pages designed to standard Microsoft Windows ‘best programming practice’ recommendations?
10) Come supplied with over 135,000 interactive, user editable, PRE-ENGINEERED, coldroom and freezer room industry standard designs, approved by a consortium of the world’s leading food industry ‘End Users’ that can be selected using fewer than 10 key presses and in under 7 seconds?
11) Allow switching operating language AFTER program installation and not just prior to installation. An enormously more advanced and advantageous feauture.
12) Allow export of automatically generated comprehensive ‘presentation quality’ summary printouts, text, dimensioned line drawings, and colour images and photos, in various Windows Word Processor standards, along with user editable sales quotation presentation formats complete with recommended but user editable, standard paragraphs and phrases?
13) Allow computer Local Area Network installation (LAN) for simultaneous, multi-user access with independent, secure program results filing.
14) Allow automatic ‘Return Key’ navigation as a parallel and frequently faster alternative to Mouse key operation? Along with 'intelligent logic' coding that eliminates time wasting demands for input to redundant questions; as frequently applies in varying project design conditions.
15) Last but by no means least. The most important feature of all. Does the software system operate with total, dynamic, ERROR TRAPPING?
As without it the software system has the potential to embarrass you at best and destroy your business at worst.
If your potential software provider doesn’t understand this question, and understand it precisely, then we recommend you terminate all future communication with them. Their software isn't up to the job!
Bringing the benefits of computerisation to our industry - without the historically associated problems.