Established in 1984, Mistral is proud to be widely considered the 'generic' software system provider for the refrigeration & air conditioning industry. In its domestic market, Mistral software is used by more than 85% of UK refrigeration & air conditioning contracting firms and programs have been distributed to over 25,000 users in more than 140 countries around the world.
What makes Mistral Expert System RAC Application Engineering software so VASTLY superior to any other? Click here to find out!
To help you make up your mind about which refrigeration load calculation software is the world's best (though not necessary the least expensive) we have prepared a short check list for you. You may wish to present it to Mistral's competition.
Ask these questions of Mistral's competitors and imitators.
meet the Nephew
Does their program? -
1) Allow reloading of previously filed calculations in such a way that they are guaranteed to be still totally dynamically interactive? Even quarter of a century later! As opposed to only saving the calculation results; instead of every input and key press that went into creating it. Allowing you to send your calculation to colleagues in the next office, city or even country, for them to discuss with you and contribute, edit and then return. Frankly, programs without this facility and which therefore force you to prepare and worse, remember where you kept, a separate record of all your inputs for re-entry are a complete waste of your time!
It might not sound like much but in programming terms it more than trebles the cost of software development. If the program you are being shown does not have this fundamentally important facility then walk away!
2) Allow switching between operation in either SI and Imperial units at any time, automatically changing every unit, every description, database selection, algorithm, equation, factor and calculation, without incurring any significant cumulative rounding errors?
3) Impose any limits upon the number and relative angles to one another of wall surfaces?
4) Deal with Negative Heat Gains intelligently and safely? If the software you are considering using doesn't deal with this tricky subject properly it could bring down your company. Need to know more? Guess what? You'll have to ask us. We aren't going to give all our secrets away for free!
5) Provide for inclusion of varying wall building and insulation materials even within length of each wall?
6) Provide for entry of multiple food and other perishable products, along with various storage materials, containers, receptacles and stillages etc, all selectable from comprehensive, illustrated, tiered databases? Databases which are also user editable; even while programs are running.
7) Provide for multiple suites of coldrooms and/or freezers and which can be segregated and ‘zoned’ to different refrigerant circuits? (Not applicable for 'Corporate Lite' Licensees.)
8) Come complete with world meteorological databases arranged by country, geographic co-ordinates/city name; allowing instant recomputation of design load at 15 minute intervals across entire 24 hour day for every day of the year. To an accuracy of plus or minus 250 metres across planet Earth’s surface. Using a single mouse click upon any one of 66,000 zoomable world maps?
9) Provide facility for selection and balancing then placing scalable, rotateable images on room plan design form of complete refrigeration systems from thousands of daily maintained and updated databases that are checked and approved by the equipment manufacturers themselves?
10) Come with comprehensive, dynamically linked and FOCUSED, colour illustrated, multi-lingual Help pages designed to standard Microsoft Windows ‘best programming practice’ recommendations?
11) Come supplied with over 4,740,768* interactive, user editable, PRE-ENGINEERED, coldroom and freezer room industry standard designs, approved by a consortium of the world’s leading food industry ‘End Users’ that can be selected using fewer than 10 key presses and in under 7 seconds?
* Yes! That's right. We'll say it again. Four million, seven hundred and forty thousand, seven hundred and sixty eight. Ask our competitor's represetitive if they wouldn't mind you taking a photo of the expression on their face when they respond!
12) Allow switching operating language AFTER program installation and not just prior to program installation?
An enormously more advanced and advantageous feauture. Complete a coldroom or A/C design for example in just a few minutes in English, save the file and send it as an email attachment to a French speaking colleague. Where they can open it in French, save it, edit it if they wish and then return it to you and where you can re-open it again in English. If the person representing the company you are considering using to supply you with software appears a little pale in the face after you ask them this question - walk away!
13) Allow export of automatically generated comprehensive ‘presentation quality’ summary printouts, text, dimensioned line drawings, and colour images and photos, in various Windows Word Processor standards, along with user editable sales quotation presentation formats complete with recommended but user editable, standard paragraphs and phrases?
14) Allow computer Local Area Network installation (LAN) for simultaneous, multi-user access with independent, secure program results filing?
15) Allow automatic ‘Return Key’ navigation as a parallel and frequently faster alternative to Mouse key operation? Along with 'intelligent logic' coding that eliminates time wasting demands for input to redundant questions; as frequently applies in varying project design conditions.
16) Provide 24/7, 365 day a year program user support? If the software company you are considering does not do this then you may have to employ staff to do so. No matter how good Expert System software is, and no matter how well it is supported with on-line documentation and comprehensive, clear and lucid program Help pages, someone, somewhere will always have a question. If that person does not receive a prompt answer to their question, regardless of which International Time Zone they reside in, then they will not be happy. If they are a valued customer or a new prospect or even a worried member of your own company staff, then this will reflect badly upon your own organisation. You can rely upon Mistral to provide intelligent, lucid, expert and above all, professional and polite support for ALL users of Mistral software products. Wherever they are located.
17) Have constantly updated Code Signed Certificates? For each of the 102 program module 'Apps' that comprise the complete Mistral Expert System compendium.
In other words, has the software been officially checked, registered and approved by Microsoft for use for use under Windows 10 & 11 computer Operating Systems?
18) Last but by no means least. The most important feature of all.
Does the software system you are considering have total, dynamic, ERROR TRAPPING?
Click to discover why dynamic, ERROR TRAPPING is essential.
As without dynamic, ERROR TRAPPING the software system has the potential to embarrass you at best and destroy your business at worst.
If your potential software provider doesn’t understand this last question, and understand it precisely, then we recommend you terminate all future communication with them. Their software isn't up to the job!
Mistral's commitment:Artificial Intelligence - opinion Mistral typical product sale cost anatomy
Bringing the benefits of computerisation to our industry - without the historically associated problems.