Established in 1984 Mistral is proud to be widely considered the 'generic' software system provider for the refrigeration & air conditioning industry. In its domestic market, Mistral software is used by more than 85% of refrigeration & air conditioning contracting firms and programs have been distributed to over 25,000 individuals and organisations in over 140 countries world-wide.
Installation of Mistral Associates software to Local Area Network servers.
1) Install Mistral 'Corporate' suite once to a shared network folder. Installation is via a single self extracting #_setup.exe file. Important. Administrators should double click the #_setup.exe file to start the unpacking and installation process to the server, rather than right clicking the file name and choosing 'Run as administrator'. Double clicking to install will result in users accessing the server installation for the first time being prompted to enter their own unique, 'one time use only' Access Registration Code, which is esssential. The alternative of right clicking the file name and choosing 'Run as administrator' to install to the server will cause the remote user's essential Access Registration Code one time procedure to fail to register properly.
2) Installation completes with a dialog box requiring input of a unique Mistral Access Registration Code. The code comprises a string of 24 alpha-numeric characters. Code strings are not case sensitive and strings may be copied & pasted into the form - including the hyphens. Currently the Mistral 'Corporate' suite requires approximately 560 megabytes of disc space, if the option is taken to store RAC graphical image files locally. Otherwise programs will automatically search for graphical images on Mistral's Internet server and in which case only around 295 megabytes of disc space is required.
3) Copy or recreate the 'Mistral' desktop shortcut on each user's desktop.
4) Each user will need individual and unique Mistral Access Registration Codes. The entry of which is activated the first time a user 'launches' the suite from their desktop.
In a nutshell. A unique, single, 'one time use to install only', Access Registration Code is required for BOTH the LAN server AND subsequently for each individual user that logs onto that LAN server.
5) Mistral Associates periodically issues both program upgrades and also interactive database updates. Such post installation releases do not generally require repeat input of Access Registration Codes. Program upgrades and database updates are made available solely by Internet download of self extracting program exe files. Installation of these files is generally optional only but may be advisory, in the event for example of a radical computer Operating System change that demands upgrade or where a manufacturer of proprietary RAC equipment data wishes their interactive database(s) to be either updated or even removed completely (rare!).
6) Mistral's Corporate Licence provides for unlimited users within the licensee's organisation. Additional 'stand alone' installations are also permitted on individual staff portable devices (Notebooks etc.,) providing these machines are operated under the authority of the Licensee. Whether or not the Licensee actually owns the device. Staff are however obliged to delete such installations upon cessation of employment by the Licensee. All 'stand alone' installations also require input of individual and unique Mistral Access Registration Codes and which will be provided at any time during the period of an active Corporate Licence. No additional charge will be made by Mistral Associates.
Mistral advises IT Managers to state that they are intending to install to a network using the Comments box provided in the download request form.
7) 'Silent' installation (Advanced - Network System Administrators Only)
The setup installer can be included in automated deployments across multiple computers on a corporate network.
The *_setup.exe can take the following optional command line parameters:-
/SILENT Runs the installer in silent mode (The progress window is displayed).
/VERYSILENT Very silent mode. No windows are displayed.
/SUPPRESSMSGBOXES Suppress message boxes. Only has an effect when combined with '/SILENT' and '/VERYSILENT'.
/NOCANCEL Disables cancelling the installation process.
/DIR="x:\dirname" Overrides the default install directory.
mistral_corporate_setup.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES
Bringing the benefits of computerisation to our industry - without the historically associated problems.