Established in 1984 Mistral is proud to be widely considered the 'generic' software system provider for the refrigeration & air conditioning industry. In its domestic market, Mistral software is used by more than 85% of refrigeration & air conditioning contracting firms and programs have been distributed to over 25,000 users in over 140 countries around the world.
Useful and just plain fascinating RAC Engineering Facts and Data
- KISSING with Mistral
- Thermal Properties of hundreds of commonly stored products. Interactive On-Line App.
- RAC scientific and technical definitions. Some common, some rare. In jargon free plain English!
- What is the difference between temperature scales Celsius and Centigrade?
- Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFC)
- International Electricity Distribution standards. Single and three phase current and frequency.
- Common Properties for Air. Tabulated data.
- Air Conditioning - Recommended Air Changes per Hour.
- Average human body temperature.
- Free Psychrometric Chart. (pdf file)
- 'Coldwind' Air Infiltration Sensible heat gain computation
- Air Enthalpy Tables and Psychrometrics calculator
- FREE! Mistral Metwind. Interactive World Meteorology App.
- Conversion Factors Imperial to SI and vica-versa. Tabulated data.
- Joule, Kelvin, Newton, Rankine and Watt. 'Pillars' of our industry.
- A Ton of Refrigeration explained.
- A brief description of heat energy. (pdf file)
- A simple refrigeration system explained. (pdf file)
- An example of how latent heat and specific heat works. (pdf file)
- Terminology of a simple refrigeration system by Mistral Associates. (pdf file)
- Methodology of Mistral Heat Load Calculation. (on request)
- High quality Refrigerant PH Charts. PNG files for R22, R134a, R404A, R407c, R410a, R717 and R744.
- CO2 Saturation Properties Pressure Table
- CO2 Saturation Properties Temperature Table
- CO2 Properties Superheated Vapour Table
- CO2 Properties Transcritical Vapour Table
- CO2 Refrigerant R744 Physical Properties
- CO2 Properties of Saturated Liquid and Saturated Vapour
- Standard Condition Ratings (EN328 according to Eurovent).
- Refrigerant Phase-out Timetable.
- Carbon isn't the bad guy!
The information appearing in these pages has been provided freely and in good faith with the intention of helping the intended reader. No warranty or guarantee can be provided as to accuracy and no responsibility can or will be accepted by the publishers for the consequences of its use. Reproduction is accepted by the publishers providing permission is first obtained and acknowledgement of copyright is always simultaneously stated. Anyone able to demonstrate or prove that they have suitable qualification or experience is welcome to contact Mistral Associates with advice for corrections or with recommendations for improvement (we do not guarantee that we will take any notice however!).
Bringing the benefits of computerisation to our industry - without the historically associated problems.